The Crane Boys' Mysteries was a series of crime fiction stories written by Frasier and Niles Crane when they were young. The stories have been mentioned in a number of episodes. Altogether, they wrote 34 stories together. The main characters, based on themselves, were "two plucky lads" who used their knowledge of psychology to solve mysteries presented to them by their detective father (based on Martin).
- The Mystery of the One-Eared Monkey
- On Your Mark, Get Set, Die!
- The Unhappy Landing
- The victim was pushed down a flight of stairs.
- The Suspicious Six Pack
- Crane senior is kidnapped and the only clue left behind is a dented Ballantine can.
- Top Truths for Teen Sleuths: A Crane Boys' Mysteries Workbook
- Item #1: " A case is rarely elementary, but always evidentiary."
- Item #1 in the "Top Truths" is an obvious swipe at Sherlock Holmes.