- Daphne – (about her visions) he knows I have a gift!
- Frasier – (to his Dad) Yes... he's been trying to unwrap it for 6 years
- ―About Niles
PSYCHIC HOTLINE -- Therapist Niles (David Hyde Pierce) is tempted to encourage a vulnerable Daphne (Jane Leeves) to believe in her psychic visions of a stranger who becomes her future husband -- knowing it could alter her relationship with lawyer Donny (guest star Saul Rubinek), Niles' unwitting romantic rival. However, Frasier (Kelsey Grammer) chastises Niles for considering this abuse of professional privileges to take advantage of Daphne's clairvoyance.
Martin sees Donny Douglas getting an engagement ring from a jewelry store. Martin confides in Frasier, and Daphne overhears them say something about her and she implores them. Initially, she feared it was her mother, but Martin tells her what really happened. Daphne comes to Niles' office, and asks him what she should do about the psychic vision she had. Her vision was of herself at her wedding, when someone interrupted her wedding claiming he was the love of her life. Daphne didn't see his face, only that he was wearing a red bow tie.
Frasier hears the vision, and says that it was psychological stress. Niles becomes noble, and backs Frasier's theory, and Daphne gets mad at him. However, when Donny proposes to her, she decides to say yes anyway. However, Daphne later says that she had another vision, this time the strange man had a dragon. In the end, Niles received a package from Roz, containing a dragon statue.
- Kelsey Grammer as Frasier Crane
- Jane Leeves as Daphne Moon
- David Hyde Pierce as Niles Crane
- Peri Gilpin as Roz Doyle
- John Mahoney as Martin Crane
Special Guest Star
- Sharon Madden as Mrs. Woodson
- Daphne's been proposed to at least twice before — by her first boyfriend and by Clive
- Niles has a secretary — Mrs. Woodson